There’s no doubt that fear can get in the way of our success. Our first article is full of tips that will help you conquer your fears forever!
We also discuss the importance of investing in a high quality mug shot so that you’re able to project a successful image, pardon the pun :)
Thanks for checking out this month's newsletter. I hope you find ideas that will motivate and drive you to succeed more and more each month!
|Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway! |
|It’s natural to have fears but you should never let them hold you back.|
Some fears are buried so deep in our subconscious that we’re not even aware of them. They range from rejection, fear of the unknown, competition and the economy.
These fears can definitely hold you back from achieving your goals and they’ll only get worse if you ignore them. Here are a few things you can do to conquer your fears:
- Clarify Them - Start by making a list of your fears. You may be surprised at what you find. For instance, simply asking for someone’s email address may be a major phobia.
- Be Careful What You Wish For - If you’re scared that prospects won’t give you their email address, they’ll pick up on your fear, reject you and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Don’t Lose Control - Do at least one thing each day that makes you feel uncomfortable. You’ll be amazed at how empowered you feel afterwards!
- Don’t Talk Back - Our negative internal chatter is often our biggest enemy so start thinking positive. Your new found enthusiasm will be felt by your prospects and clients which will in turn boost your confidence.
As Nelson Mandela once said, "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
When I was in real estate, my biggest fear was cold calling. I was very young with absolutely no connections so I had to face my fears and hit the phones. We often overanalyze situations and assume people don’t want to hear from us but it’s usually all in our head. Don’t let fear get in the way of your success any longer – just go for it!
|Professional Portrait Pics |
|Social media plasters our mug shots all over the Internet!|
Every time you tweet or update your status, your profile pic appears right alongside your words of wisdom so it needs to look professional.
People will make snap judgments based on your photo so here are a few ways to ensure your headshot looks amazing:
- Go Pro - A professional photographer will make all the difference!
- Clean Yourself Up - If ever there was a day to get your hair cut, this would be it.
- Be You - Don’t get a really formal shot done if that’s not you. You should look confident and relaxed.
- No Props – Your pic should be natural yet professional but no leaning against your Mercedes while you gab away on the phone.
It’s important to be consistent and use the same photograph on your social media pages, your newsletter, website, signs, business cards, etc. and above all, ensure it conveys trust and professionalism.
|Help Me Help You! |
|We help real estate agents achieve online success!|
I was once a very successful agent so I completely understand the business and would love the opportunity to help you increase your sales.
Our strategy centres around our eNewsletter but we also offer customizable websites, a search engine friendly directory and a complete CRM system to help automate your daily tasks and follow-up efforts.
What really sets us apart though is that we provide one-on-one motivational training at no extra charge in order to help you succeed. After all, your success is our gain! Call me on my direct line at 1-800-709-3847 if you ever want to chat.
|What Do You Have to Say? |
|That's all for now -- thanks so much for reading!|
I'll have more for you next month but in the meantime, check out some of our past issues for ideas on how you can take your real estate business to the next level!
If you're not already a newsletter client, check out our website at www.RealEstateWord.com to see how our monthly newsletters can help you increase your sales!
If you have any comments or questions about our articles or if you have any suggestions for future topics, please let me know. I'd love to hear from you -- your feedback really means a lot to me!