Smart professionals think long-term and operate by the "helping not selling" business philosophy. Our first article discusses how this simplistic system can help you increase your sales!
We also examine the benefits of customizing your smartphone's email signature as well as the advantages of using video promos to connect with your online audience.
Thanks so much for checking out this month's newsletter. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments -- I'd love to hear from you!
|Stop Selling and Start Helping! |
|The late great Zig Ziglar coined the phrase “stop selling and start helping” which is exceptional advice for someone in a professional role such as real estate sales.|
The helping philosophy is extremely effective and very easy to implement. Here are a few ways to incorporate this wisdom into your daily routine:
- Listen & Learn - Stop the sales pitch and start a conversation. People can smell the desperation of a hard sale and it's a real turn off. Listen more than you talk and ask lots of questions.
- No Pressure - Shifting your focus from selling to helping will naturally take the pressure off and allow you to feel and act more confident.
- If You Build It, They Will Come - Focus on building a relationship on service and trust and you'll be one of the most successful agents around.
- Walk a Mile - Try to imagine how your clients and prospects feel. Your empathy will put them at ease and allow them to communicate more freely.
- How Can I Help? - Give practical advice so you can help people come up with solutions to their problems. For instance, send first time buyers helpful information in order to build a relationship
- Informative Info - Constant blasts of "just listed" notifications can be annoying whereas eNewsletters are genuinely informative, especially if they include local market stats and community events.
Real estate agents have the ability to help people achieve their dreams! If you focus more on fulfilling the customer's needs and less on selling them, you’ll be appreciated as an agent and your business will skyrocket!
Helping is a huge part of our business philosophy. Yes, we sell eNewsletters, websites and real estate directory listings but our main goal is to help agents enjoy a successful career!
As a fellow real estate agent, I understand your highs and lows because I've been through them myself. I'm here to answer any questions you have so call me anytime at 1-800-709-3847 whether it's for general online marketing advice or just to talk shop.
|Don't Let Your Cell Phone Signature Sign You Off |
|We've all been in situations where we want to reply in detail to an email but because we're so busy we respond quickly on a cell phone.|
Oftentimes, the message ends with a default signature such as "Sent from my BlackBerry" which is code for I'm too busy running all over town so please excuse the 8 word response that's littered with typos.
Why would you want to advertise someone else's product to your clients and prospects? You should instead use your cell phone signature to promote your website, newsletter and social media links.
It's important to reply to emails in a timely fashion but you should never use the default signature to excuse a message full of errors. Also, if you don't change your signature, it looks like you don't know how to which makes you look technologically challenged. It's easy to do though, just Google it!
|Lights, Camera, Action!! |
|Most people prefer to watch videos instead of reading through pages of copy. Adding a video to your website is a fun way to enhance your website and connect with your audience.|
There's a worldwide trend towards using online video for content marketing. It can help showcase your personality and as an added benefit, videos even help to increase your rankings on the search engines!
We recently came up with our first ever marketing video! We wrote the script ourselves and then paid for the video and voice over but it was less than $100 if you can believe that! Check it out at www.RealEstateWord.com and let us know what you think.
|What Do You Have to Say? |
|That's all for now -- thanks so much for reading. I'll have more for you next month but in the meantime, check out some of our past issues for ideas on how you can take your real estate business to the next level!|
If you have any comments or questions about our articles or if you have any suggestions for future topics, please let me know. I'd love to hear from you -- your feedback really means a lot to me!